Monday, November 25, 2013

Owl-fghan

In September of this year, little Liliana Elizabeth Juarez was born to my best friend and her husband.

Awww
I took it upon myself to make a blanket for her when she was still in the womb. Her mother is very much into owls and the other gift I would bequeath this newborn is a cross-stitched Owl Birth Record to be framed with her name, birth date, and 3 owls that was picked out by Mommy. (It's almost finished, I swear!!)

Going along with this owl theme, I decided to buy a white afghan from Michael's and design an owl pattern to cross-stitch onto the afghan. I wish I were talented enough to make an afghan by stretch, but the baby is already 2 months old and I still haven't finished the cross-stitching.

I looked at some owl pictures online and then sketched out my design:



This is what the finished owl looked like:



I had 8 owls in 8 different colors with 25 squares to fill. We needed some hearts.

Sorry for the green discoloration
And owl with a heart:



And now the blanket with owls and hearts:


Last step:
The middle square will have Liliana's name cross-stitched.

Hopefully in time for Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment