Friday, February 21, 2014

Gotham Central--the "Cop"tic Stitch

The coptic stitch is a fun little stitch that can be a little complicated. First I poked six holes in the front and back covers. 


Then I poked holes in each signature (comic issue) to align with the holes in the book board.

Can't really see in this image, but in the spine, I have poked 6 holes

Then the sewing begins. I sewed the front cover to the first signature (issue #12).


Adding signatures...



Final Signature
And the back cover...


This binding is designed to show off the coptic stitch.


But I want to cover it up with tape.



I will use the gray paper to cover up the tails of the tape.


By cutting the gray paper into single strips, I will cover up the ends of the tape...

Back Cover
…and make a jail cell-like image…


Final:


For once, I was able to take the image in my head and make it tangible.

No comments:

Post a Comment