Friday, June 6, 2014

The Evil That Men Do--Thwip Thwip

Now that the inset is in place, the book needs a title. Ideally I would have liked to fit the entire title on the cover...Spider-Man and the Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do...but that's a lot of words. Especially for stamps as you'll see...

I used cursive-y type plastic stamp letters that stick to a glass graph thingy (I'm sure it has a name, but I don't know what it is). I like this type of stamp because you can see what it will look like before you ink anything. The ink is "espresso," a dark brown.



Now for the "Black Cat."

You can see where the edges of the "B" and "L" letter stamps got into the ink...whoops.

And since the stamp letters were too big to fit "and the," I wrote it in. Gotta love Sharpies.

Hmm..."the" should probably be capitalized...

Now, what to do with the back cover? I thought I'd try some webbing.

Hard to tell, but there are pencil marks for the webbing.

Now to ink with--you guessed it--Sharpie.



Webbing is finished. Now onto the spine. "SPIDER-MAN and the BLACK CAT." Then crediting the author--the very talented and entertaining Kevin Smith.

Can't remember why I decided to go all caps on their names, but probably it was because that's what I did on the cover.
Front and Cover:


Front, with a little webbing in the inset.


And onto casing in the text. Almost finished!


Wasn't so fond of the webbing in the inset. Decided to shade it in with Sharpie.


Finished!!


Not one of my favorite story lines, but man, do I love how this project turned out!


And that's all for Spider-Man and the Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do by Kevin Smith.

Next time: Green Arrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment