Monday, July 21, 2014

Green Arrow

Well, let's keep rolling with Kevin Smith comics. This is his 15 issue run on Green Arrow. 


I decided to make 3 volumes of 5 issues each.


I bound the issues together by sewing...


Sewn

Then gluing.


As for the cover, I found the perfect artist paper--green with feathers. But I couldn't decide whether to go with Bradel Binding (like Birds of Prey) or Quarter Cloth.

Journals I made--Bradel Binding (left), Quarter Cloth (right)


I decided to go with the Quarter Cloth. As much as I love Bradel Binding, I'd already done that with Birds of Prey and Green Arrow should have his own personality.

Gluing book board to the book cloth.

 

Time to glue the artist paper to the book board.




Next it's time to turn in the corners.





 And finally, casing in. I had previously glued the end papers (dark brown below) to the text block. Casing in is gluing the end papers to the book board. This completes the book.




And the finished project:


So that's Green Arrow.  

Next time: Captain America's Shield

No comments:

Post a Comment