Sunday, December 8, 2013

Owlfghan Final--Just in Time for Christmas

Finally got the letter pattern I wanted to use from home. Helpful hint: Never throw any patterns away!

This came with an anniversary cross-stitch kit I made for my parents 25th.
I'm a very visual person so I need to see what her name would look like before I started stitching. Pull out the graph paper!


I played around with the "z" but for lack of space, I decided to stick with the one from the pattern. Knowing I had 42x42 squares to work with, I had to make sure I could fit Liliana's full name, so I mapped it out on graph paper. You can see all my notes and questionable math in the margins.

Liliana Elizabeth Juarez Dovey--gee, thanks, Mom.
I did have to manipulate the "L" and "E" so no letters would be touching.

And now to begin the actual stitching which is a combination of cross-stitch and back-stitch.



Whew! Just enough room.
And the final owlfghan….(drum roll please)…


MERRY CHRISTMAS, LILI!

No comments:

Post a Comment